Sunday, January 16, 2011

Where Have I Been?

Where haven't I been is the answer...5 week trek to Australia nearly ruined this blog!  We had a great time, then Christmas came with our wonderful children and their children...amazing families, and then, and then, and then. So now it's January 16 (I know that because it's on the bottom left-hand corner of my screen).

I have continued to write, and have since been to a poetry workshop where we were taught different forms of poetry. I learned the Pantoum and P and I are good buddies now. Its form repeats lines and seems to work well for me. (Those of you who know me, know how adept I am at repeating myself.)

I've written several pantoums, but am ready to share "Poem Whittler" with you. Hoping you enjoy it and, if it interests you poets out there, pick up the Pantoum pattern and send me one of your poems.


Pantoum

Poem Whittler
by Susie Talbot

I must say I love, as a poet
When lively rainbow thoughts
Tumble out of a rubble of words
Onto a page, exposing their wily truths

When lively rainbow thoughts
Flow from a willing pen
Onto a page, exposing their wily truths
A thing called a poem is born

Flow from a willing pen
The poet holds in her hand
A thing called a poem is born
And creation repeats its song

The poet holds in her hand
A mighty and precious gift
And creation repeats its song
From Creator to poet to you

A mighty and precious gift
Tumbles out of a rubble of words
From Creator to poet to you
I must say I love, as a poet

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back!

    My reader surely missed you,
    Haven't had a wrinkled time in ages.
    Now I read your coming out of retirement
    While I sit and nurse AP.

    Good to read your voice
    You sure have been up to a lot,
    While I sit and nurse AP.
    You know she keeps one busy as she occupied you too!

    There is my terrible, technically incorrect poem. But it is the true repeat of my life! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahah...loved it Lindsay! Thanks. AP does like to guzzle...HUGS to y'all. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool poem! I love the way it flows. Hey...put up some of thos "down under" photos soon. ;)

    ReplyDelete